Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ladysmith Black Mambazo

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know about a very awesome performance coming up. Ladysmith Black Mambazo is a group that has combined the intricate rhythms and harmonies of their native South African musical traditions to the sounds and sentiments of Christian gospel music for more than thirty years. They are performing at the Goodnight Auditorium on February 25th at 7:30pm. This particular performance will be a tribute to Shaka Zulu, the iconic South African warrior who united numerous regional tribes in the late 1800s and became the first king of the Zulu nation. Like I have told you in class I truely believe we cannot understand and appreciate our own culture without first exploring cultures completely different from our own. I hope to see you there! If you want to learn more about this group here is a link to them enjoy!http://www.mambazo.com/

3 comments:

Daisy Dillard Sekora said...

that is soooooo cool I might ask my mom if we could see it. Thx for the post!

Mrs. Smith said...

No problem! I hope to see you there Daisy. It will be an awesome experience.

kyler wilson baxter said...

hey ms.cundiff will you see me again in 2 years when i am middle school

Song of the Month
Want to find out more about our songs of the month? Take a look at the information below. There are links to more info about the composers, the songs and links to even listen to the songs all you want.